Basic knowledge of the game from others. Several topics were covered much better than I ever could, so go and check their articles.
- Basic Maneuvers: Spaceowl Blog; Earn Your Wings; SOTL;
- Turn Zero: obstacle selection, placement and more;
- By 5050Saint on the Midwestcrub blog (Part 1, Part 2)
- By Nathan on his blog
- Commitment points by Marc/dbldown11
- Finger Four: The most extensive opening article I know
- Formation Flying on SpaceowlBlog;
- Arc Dodging and Escaping on Notsuchabadpilod;
- Win Conditions by TLFJ;
- Squad Harmony by SOTL;
- Basic Stats
- Tricks, Tactics, or Strategy?
- How to develop a simple opening
- Principles for Game Review
- Target Priority
- Definition of an ace
Topics can include mechanical basics, standard skills, intermediate maneuver combinations, formation flying, focus fire, kill boxes, synergies within a ship and between ships.
Intermediate Maneuver Combinations:
- Turning a swarm
- Return banked ships to a close formation
- Passing obstacles
- Bank and Roll
- Judging the bullseye